In this sample program, you will learn how to generate a Fibonacci sequence using recursion in Python and show it using the print() function.
However, here we’ll use the following steps to produce a Fibonacci sequence using recursion.
- Get the length of the Fibonacci series as input from the user and keep it inside a variable.
- Send the length as a parameter to our recursive method which we named as the gen_seq().
- The function first checks if the length is lesser than or equal to 1.
- If the length is lesser or equal to 1, then it returns immediately.
- In other cases, it makes two adjoining recursive calls with arguments as (length-1) and (length-2) to the gen_seq() function.
- We are calling the recursive function inside a for loop which iterates to the length of the Fibonacci sequence and prints the result.
Below is the sample code of the Python Program to evaluate the Fibonacci sequence using recursion.
Generate a Fibonacci sequence Using Recursion
You can use IDLE or any other Python IDE to create and execute the below program.
# Program to generate the Fibonacci sequence using recursion def gen_seq(length): if(length <= 1): return length else: return (gen_seq(length-1) + gen_seq(length-2)) length = int(input("Enter number of terms:")) print("Fibonacci sequence using Recursion :") for iter in range(length): print(gen_seq(iter))
The output of the above code is as follows.
Enter number of terms:10 Fibonacci sequence using Recursion : 0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34