Today, we’ll talk about the 5 Must-have Chrome Python Shell Extensions which could be very useful for Python developers and everyone else who loves to code with Python.
These Chrome extensions can save you a lot of hassles in installing the Python package. You only have to add one of these extensions to your Chrome browser, and you are all set to start coding in Python.
5 Must-have Chrome Extensions You Need to Learn Python
Please note that some of these plugins even support running in offline mode. So, you may not need to be online while using these. And adding to goodness, you don’t need to pay to enjoy most of these. So, you are only going to gain from using these Chrome Python shell extensions.
1. Python Shell by Chaarmi
This Chrome Python shell extension is also quite handy. One thing that makes it unique is that it’s a paid plugin. We couldn’t figure out the reason for it being a paid extension, though. But still, it’s worth using it. Let’s now quickly review the features it has.
- Code and run a script in Python 2.7/3.x.
- Code highlighting
- Preserve the history of sessions locally.
- Support most standard modules
- Superfast execution
Add this extension from here: Python Shell
2. Python Shell Extension by Sam Clegg
This Chrome plugin is by far the best Python shell extension and is our favorite. It has a 42K+ active user base which keeps its author motivated. So he continually updates it to fix bugs and adds enhancements. After you add it to the browser, it goes into the Chrome app store. You can play it from there whenever you wish. It’ll get opened in a new window.
Add this extension from here: Python Shell Extension by Sam Clegg
It has come with the following silent features.
- Supports Python 2.7.10
- Enables Python’s socket module support
- Starts session in a new window
3. Python Fiddle Chrome Extension
It is another useful Python shell extension that you would love to use. Python Fiddle is a lightweight plugin with many interesting features. Please have a look at the below list.
- You can use this plugin from any browser.
- You can import scripts from remote sites.
- It allows you to save and facility to publish later.
- Its auto-complete is quite user-friendly.
- You can integrate it with StackOverflow.
Link to add this Chrome extension: Python Fiddle
4. CodeAnyWhere by CodeAnyWhere
It is a quick and super lightweight Python code editor mainly built for developers. The tech news giants TechCrunch, Forbes, PandoDaily, & TheNextWeb have got this plugin covered on their websites. Users first need to register their account to use this plugin. Let’s now see the large number of features it provides.
- SSH, FTP, and SFTP Client
- Supports various types of encoding
- Control font sizes
- Undo/Redo changes
- Advanced search (using RegEx)
- Code folding and Word wrap
- Compatible with iOS and Android mobiles
Link to add this Chrome extension: Code Anywhere
Also Read: Create Your First Android App in Python
5. QuickPy Python Interpreter
This plugin is one of the tiniest Chrome Python shell extensions. More than 1K+ users are using it which is more than enough to prove its usability.
It allows you to do the following:
- You can evaluate any small Python script within your browser.
Link to add this Chrome extension: QuickPy Python Interpreter. Once you try this Python Chrome extension, share your experience with us.
Conclusion – The Best 5 Chrome Extensions for Python
Do you know one important thing you should value the most? It is none other than Time. So we should always look for ways to save time and increase efficiency. These were the few key reasons that led us to write this post about the best Chrome Python shell extensions.
So save your precious time, learn more, and do well.