Welcome back readers, today we’ll focus on a crucial aspect of blogging which sometimes new bloggers tend to overlook. It is none other than the Alexa traffic rank of your blog which many of us don’t know or care about. But this is one indicator that makes you stand a step ahead in the crowd of bloggers. So we’ll share some serious techniques that will help to increase the visibility of your WordPress blog or website to the Industry’s Highest Ranking Mechanism System by Alexa.
Let’s start the subject first with the introduction of the Alexa.com which is actually a subsidiary of Amazon. It primarily works on the products that monitor the traffic levels of websites, benchmark and publish their statistics. It’s the only site metrics analyser that assists people to quickly review a site based on the following parameters.
- Global traffic rank
- Country based rank
- Traffic sources
- Site visits
- Bounce rate
- Traffic location
- Search keywords
All these parameters are certainly very much important to analyse any site or blog.
Note: For your information, we’ll be using the term WordPress blog or website interchangeably throughout this article. This is because the techniques we’ll propose here, they work for both the blog and website.
In this article, we’ll review the significance of Alexa traffic rank for WordPress blogs and its impact on the blog monetization. Blog monetization means the revenue you earn after placing ads on your blog. But before you put all these money making gizmos 🙂 on your blog, you first need to register with the top ad networks. There are many CPC/CPM based networks like Google AdSense, Clicksor. And other popular on-line marketer like Amazon, Citibank offers affiliate programs for bloggers. All of these reputed ad networks would prefer your blog if it is swanked with a good Alexa traffic rank.
More importantly, we’ll present you with the top 10 tips to increase Alexa traffic rank. You can apply them straightway for your own WordPress blog. These tips are absolutely practical. And if applied consistently can dramatically boost your ranking in the short to long run.
Several of our readers have already used these techniques on their blogs. And passed me special thanks once they realized their Alexa traffic rank have improved immensely.
What is Alexa Traffic Rank?
This is a ranking system which ranks on the basis of traffic density of any website. It takes into account the number of visitors and the number of pages viewed on each visit. The algorithm which Alexa enforces to rank a website counts upon the frequency of traffic registered from users who have Alexa toolbar installed over a period of three months.
As a first step, Alexa computes the reach and number of page views for all sites on a daily basis. The main Alexa traffic rank is based on the geometric mean of these two quantities averaged over time. Hence, the rank of a site represents both the number of visitors as well as the number of pages on the site viewed.
Why do you actually need to Increase Alexa Traffic Rank?
Webmasters, advertisers and ad networks use your blog’s Alexa traffic rank as a benchmark to determine the worth of your website. If you depend on link or site selling as a form of monetization you’ll definitely want to increase your Alexa traffic rank. Because it’ll increase your selling ability when it comes to ad pricing. The better your Alexa traffic rank, the higher you will be paid for advertising space on your website.
Top 10 tips to Increase Alexa traffic rank for WordPress Blog
First of all, these are not just tips instead they are well-proven methods exercised by many professional bloggers. And we’ve also personally tried them in the past and on this blog as well. Next while applying these techniques, you should not forget that ultimately Content is King. And we would suggest in the long term you should focus on developing quality content which attracts and maintains a large audience. Though keep using these quick accelerators side-by-side.
- Install the Alexa toolbar for Chrome or Firefox’s SearchStatus extension from Alexa.com and set your blog as your homepage. This is the most basic step. For opera browsers, download SEO browser extensions from WebRankStats.com.
- Place an Alexa traffic rank widget on your website. Our team did this a few days ago on one of our blogs and received a fair amount of clicks every day. According to some, each click counts as a visit even if the toolbar is not used by the visitor.
- Motivate your friends, fellow webmasters as well as your blog readers to use the Alexa toolbar. Be sure to link to Alexa’s full explanation of their toolbar and monitoring system so that your readers know whether to install a toolbar or a browser extension.
- Get friends to review and rate your Alexa website profile. Not entirely sure of its impact on rankings but it might help in some way.
- Write posts and articles on your blog about Alexa and advertise them on all social media platforms. Webmaster and bloggers love to hear about methods to increase their Alexa traffic rank. They’ll link to you and send you targeted traffic (i.e. visitors with the toolbar already installed). This strategy bit by bit would improve your Alexa traffic rank.
- Swank your URL in webmaster forums. Webmasters usually have the toolbar installed. You’ll get webmasters to visit your website and offer useful feedback. It’s also a good way to give back to the community if you have useful articles to share with others.
- Build Backlinks – this strategy has always worked to rank higher in search results and for companies like Alexa. You may have seen the trend that sites ranking below 100K on Alexa have many Backlinks.
- Create a webmaster tools section on your website. This is a magnet for webmasters who will often revisit your website to gain access to the tools.
- Create an Alexa category on your blog and use it to include any articles or news about Alexa. This acts as an easily accessible resource for webmasters or casual search visitors while helping you rank in the search engines.
- Try Alexa auto-surfs. This is an alternative way to skyrocket your Alexa traffic rank. Our advice is to use these widgets and gadgets only if you are a beginner in the world of Blogging. This is just like link exchange. You have to surf others website and they’ll surf yours in return. This approach may give a slight push to your blog’s traffic, but not in a substantial and legal way.
We hope the tutorial and the tips would help you increasing the Alexa traffic rank of your WordPress blog. These were some of the premium tips that we’ve personally verified as working. And these are also endorsed by many prominent bloggers. However, we recommend you to do a reality check after applying the tips and share your experience with us. If you’ve any questions, please contact us using the comment box just below the post.
In the end, if the above stuff peps you up, then please share it with your friends and the social media of your choice.
Keep Visiting And Enjoy Reading!